Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- No recreational drugs or alcohol use at least 48 hours prior to anesthesia, as these may interfere with medications used for anesthesia.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, drive the patient home, and ensure the patient is cared for after surgery
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a fever, cough, cold, sore throat, shortness of breath, or diarrhea; please notify the office to reschedule.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Chandra or Dr. Pham prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- If there is a chance that you are pregnant please notify the office.
We're Here To Help!
Contact us with any questions or to schedule an appointment!